The emperor has no clothes and there are several elephants in the room. It’s about time somebody said it.
I was raised on a cattle ranch along the Red River in Oklahoma.
I like to live life to the fullest.
- worked for small businesses,
- worked for large corporations,
- worked for Government,
- owned my own business,
- dehorned cattle,
- helped people with their finances,
- castrated cutting bulls,
- banked large agri-businesses,
- pulled calves,
- sold meat to Asian buyers,
- washed water tanks,
- been a public speaker,
- butchered animals,
- birthed 4 children,
- set corner posts, stretched barbed wire and pounded T-posts,
- written articles, a play and a book,
- run breakevens and cash flow projections and budget/actual comparisons,
- perfomed government policy analysis,
- represented my fellow community members in local government, and
- married a really good man,
among other things, in various locations around the world (although not all at the same time and place!).
I believe in individual human beings and their sacred rights to life, liberty and property.
I believe that with freedom, producers will continue to feed and clothe and shelter the world.
I know that there are, unfortunately, environmental and animal rights and other activists all over the world who are working to crush individual freedom and to stop agricultural productivity.
Worst of all, though, I know that the people who are supposed to be on our side…many industry organizations, departments of agriculture, agricultural colleges, media, and even other producers…as they maintain their cushy seats at the table inside whatever cozy tent they insist “we” must stay in, are feeding real producers to the wolves.
I’m here to shine the light of truth into dark areas where normal, every-day, hard-working people are not supposed to even be, let alone speak of.
I love ag. And I’ll be damned if I’m going to sit by and let busybody, self-absorbed control freaks ruin it for future generations.
I’d appreciate your help.